I like playing games. My wife likes playing games. This blog attempts to chronicle the making of a game in Unity that my wife and I would like to play, a few words at a time.
Game Goals are as follows:
- Create a couch coop game reminiscent of Zelda with hints of Dark Souls
- Emphasize cooperative game play elements. Players should truly have to work together
Current features at this point:
- Player controller (Walk/Run, Dash, and Jump) with animations and effects
- Melee and Ranged attack system with animations and effects
- Re-usable Ability system for the Player and Enemies
- Player stats (Health, Mana, Stamina) and integration with abilities and attacks
- Inventory System that allows players to pick up weapons, equip them, and arrange them in the inventory space
- Player UI for stats and inventory
- Basic enemy AI that allows enemies to use abilities and navigate. Hooked up to animation controllers
- A coop-style camera
- All models, textures, code, and everything else in the game are made from scratch by myself, which has afforded me with some excellent learning opportunities.